Friday 29 March 2013

Welcome!!! A little bit about me.....

Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, my name is Liam, I am huge fan of american sports and I follow politics avidly. I will probably just use the first post to go over some of my opinions on things.

I'm going to start on sports.

I follow quite a few teams :



  • The San Antonio Spurs
  • Washington Wizards
  • Canberra Raiders
  • Vodafone Warriors
  • Washington Redskins
  • San Diego Chargers
  • Collingwood Crows
  • The Highlanders


By no means am I going to be commenting on every team regularly, but I will try. I think what I will do is just comment on what catches my eye, and in particular specific athletes. Personally, i like dynamic, quick and exciting athletes, eg RG3, Allen Iverson, John Wall etc. I also like some of the stranger personalities e.g, Dennis Rodman.

What I think would be good to do to start this blog off would be to go over my opinion and why i support all these sports teams. Lets do this systematically:

San Antonio Spurs:

I first started following the Spurs in 2010. I started playing NBA games on my Xbox,and for some reason the Spurs just caught my eye. Maybe it was Tim Duncan, or maybe it was just something stupid like their logo, I cant remember, but to be honest it doesn't matter, because I am a huge fan now. I like how their complete unit gels really well, and in particular I am really liking Kawhi Leonard. I also love it how Dennis Rodman use to play for them (i have his spurs singlet), a little known fact is that he actually started dying his hair while playing for the Spurs. Currently, I don't know what is going to happen with the spurs, their team is a bit old, but i can see them succeeding in the future with some young talent.

Washington Wizards: 

ahhhh, my beloved wizards.... I do follow them quite heavily, but not as much as the Spurs. I think what got me started with them was John Wall. Personally, I think John could go very far in the NBA, he has all the skills, and is very talented, but nonetheless  we'll see how he goes. Also, might I add, that Washington have improved their uniforms drastically. Moving out of these:


and into these, was genius:


Moving on.....


Canberra Raiders:
My addiction to the Raiders is simple. In 2008, I went to my first ever league game ( a trial game with the Warriors playing), and saw the raiders logo. By god, it was the coolest logo that I had ever seen, and I have supported them ever since. Yes, now my support definitely goes further than their logo, but that was where my initial fascination came from. I am also a huge supporter of Josh Dugan (pictured), but he got fired (hopefully the warriors sign him), so now I just support the team as a whole.


Vodafone Warriors:

This team is the team I get the most stick for supporting by far. Yes, although they suck, I am an avid supporter of the Warriors and have a season pass. I must say, I cannot understand the clubs constant obsession with Jerome Ropati and Manu Vatuvei, but whatever. Personally, I think the Warriors need to stack with Australian players, because in the past they have worked, and they are incredibly hard working. I do criticize the Warriors often, but by no means am i a bandwagon fan, i just always expect the best from them. 

Washington Redskins:

 I am a shameless bandwagon fan of the Redskins. I use to piss myself laughing at them when I played against them in Madden NFL, but ever since they drafted Robert Griffin the 3rd, I have been hooked. Something changed in Washington ever since they got Griffin. They have become a far better team in general and look incredibly dynamic. Anyway, you guys are probably already sick of the wall of text this post is beginning to turn into, so moving on....

San Diego Chargers:

Again, I started following the Chargers after i saw their uniform and thought that it looked cool. now I am a much deeper fan then that, but that's how it began, so whatever. I don't really know what to think of the Chargers at the moment. they suck, but they seem to be on the verge of something great, so we'll see what happens. Some interesting times could be ahead in San Diego.



Collingwood:

I started supporting the Crows in 2010, when i watched the AFL grand final that year. Oddly enough, the first ever AFL match I saw ended in a draw, and the grand final was replayed a week later, with Collingwood winning it convincingly. By god, it was the most exciting game I had ever seen (the first grand final), and I have been hooked on AFL ever since. I probably don't follow them as much as I should, but I am a fan, and I support them so...

The Highlanders:

 I started supporting the Highlanders about two years ago, and was fascinated by the forward dominated type of game they played, I loved it. Ever since, I have supported them, but I was and still are bemused by their decision to build and play in Forsyth Barr Stadium. I doesn't really play to their advantages being covered, and although they sell more tickets, they don't get the uber home ground advantage that Carisbrook use to provide. Man, that place was a fortress.

Well, that's my opinion on sports teams, seeing as this has already turned into quite a long post, I will briefly skim over my political beliefs:

I am right wing, and I believe in the concept of the free market, and little government intervention. I am a huge fan of John Key and Asset Sales, for reasons which I will explain later, and I am a fan of Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher. I also quite liked JFK. Apart from that, i will not go into any more detail, because I will explain more in later posts.


So thats me, I hope you enjoyed and weren't bored by the post, and that you read my posts in the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment